DuPont, Washington is a planned city snuggled alongside the I-5 corridor. It is growing rapidly with new businesses and housing. The population is expected to continue to do so over the next 10-15 years, and with only four churches established in the city limits, as Dr. Roy Sprague so eloquently states, “It is not a matter of if churches will be planted, but who will plant the churches.” Therefore, we are targeting, by God’s grace and leading, the fall of 2010 to see a new, independent Bible church started in DuPont. It seems the door is opening wider as we move forward to reach the people with the gospel of Christ in the DuPont area; in realizing the wider direction of the IFCA Vision America Church Planting efforts. We have termed the work in DuPont as Vision America South Sound. Our vision, purpose and goals are stated below:
To see a working cooperation of Pastors/Churches united toward the implementing of an independent, Biblically sound church in DuPont, Washington.
To develop a new church work that reaches the growing population of DuPont with the Gospel of Christ. To be a part of the growing church plant ministries associated with IFCA Vision America.
- To identify the specific needs found within the community of DuPont.
- To identify a key church contact to oversee and give help in the process of development.
- To identify associate Church Partners that will minister as time and resources allow.
- To identify a core Bible study group to be the foundation for the church plant.
- To identify a Church Planter/Team who will eventually take over the work at DuPont.